‘The instinctive human – through the lense of motherhood’
I am the child you know, the familiar form. The four-leaf clover that gently
curves, with its four rounded leaves like the chambers of the heart.
Thrive should you, upright, ruffle, not break your wings and
keep on flying.
- No separation between myself and Nicki the elephant – two animals expecting to give birth
- Care and concern for our offspring
- In tune with our instincts, respond to what’s in front of us, “off the page”
- Marking territory, mother and daughter explore their compound
- Foot shuffling, skating along the floor
- Institute: make it a smooth surface before I can move more broadly
- Instinctive/ fundamental needs
- Foreplay Dance (baby pre-feeding); mother and baby awake simultaneously
- Provision versus integration
- What roles do we give ourselves as parents and our children?
Improvisation and being present
- Looking at things to respond
- Animal gaze